X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: they marred my baby, help please`

Originally posted by Chuckracer:
    Pipe down there, Weenie!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Who??? me?? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckracer:
      I stand by what I said.
      And I recommend you be very careful of how you're using statements like "Fucking Stupid" here.
      Are you calling me "Fucking Stupid"?
      Or calling my opinion "Fucking Stupid"?
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">your statement was deemed such

Comment

Dude...relax....

Basically, what he is saying, is that when you left your practice space without you guitar and not returning for 3 weeks, for whatever reason, returning to find it fucked up, is basically on you.

Bad things happen to unprotected guitars.

Should anybody have finger-fucked your axe, by no means. But they are just irresistable to some to NOT molest.

Just my opinion, but the majority of the responsibility falls upon you.

Comment

kill their first born

or make them not be able to have babys

Comment

Originally posted by toddstaples:
            Where's that popcorn Icon when you need it...... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [/b]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Todd, move over and pass that shit! Got more butter and salt? [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks for having my 6 Toejam [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

I never leave my instruments at a rehearsal place, and keep a wary eye on em when on break at a gig.I can leave thosands of dollars worth of gear with hardly a second thought but not my babies.They almost become a part of you they laugh they love they cry ..how can you leave em.
                I feel your pain ..good luck
                unfortunately, I'll bet nobody will know anything about how it happenned. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Dude, that is a hard lesson well learned. NEVER entrust your guitars to someone other than your own family, and even then, be selective.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

So you were'nt going to practice for three weeks and you left your guitar sitting on a stand somewhere, and now you are upset that it got damaged.
                    Sorry bro, but I'm having a hard time mustering up sympathy for you. Its your fault.

Comment

oh he's gonna get murderized if i dont' recieve due compensation.

here's the facts:

i was kicked out of my house by my stepdad and while my mom was lookin for us a house i was stayin at my uncles house (college kid, ya know). okay, so there wasn't much space right? i did what seemed feasible. i left it at the place where i could play as loud as i wanted whenever i was in town for what should have been a short short time. i got a new job and another bandmate had a job that screwed up the whole schedule... 3 weeks later i have this to deal with.

the kicker is that this guy is

a- a guitar tech (and skilled)
                      b- a fruckin charvel owner/fan

then i go back to find my axe on the floor with scratches, dust, and tons of pick shavings on it? hell no! that ain't proper. i'm in texas and thats just not how things are normally done where i'm from.

so factor all this crap in and tell me that i'm a jackass for lettin my most prized (and bulky) axe stay at his place.

p.s. he just better pray to God they can fix my finish without screwin up my pinstripes... i'll murderize someone and the horse the road in on.

Comment

they rode in on

[img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Wow, man, the longer you stay here, the more unique the icons get! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Skullbashing! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Nahh, that's Headbanging! Kinda like that Twisted Sister video (I'm almost ashamed I know of that!).
                            "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Ibanez

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

This thread is what is fucking stupid. If you don't want shit to happen to it (not including fire or natural disasters) put it in the case!

Did you tell your pal not to touch it?

Obviously you trusted him enough to leave it out in the open so he played it.

It will probably cost you $100 and it wont be invisible unless the whole guitar is taken down and re-shot. That will be 3x the amount easy.

I would just leave it alone and play the hell out of it.

The marks in it now will always be an excellent reminder that you should have put it in the case or taken it with you. I am sure every time you play it you will do one or the other from this point on!

End it!

Comment

Working...
                                X